Delhi's Most Instagram Worthy Spots



Delhi is my city. I was born there & spent my whole life in this beautiful city. But what I absolutely love about this city is that it has so much to offer. From architecture to food to people, everything is unique. Even though this metropolis has a bigger population than countries like Australia, you will find that there is something great around every corner in the city. From pre-colonial buildings that reflect the city’s history to swanky buildings and mall that represent the modern side of the capital of India, the city will surely take you on an amazing ride. 

But the one mistake that a lot of tourists make when they come to Delhi, is staying there for a short period so that they can leave for the Taj Mahal in Agra. If you really want to experience the life in the city, make sure you are there for at least 5 days. All because there is so much to see in the city that if I start listing all the places you definitely need to visit, it will take a long time. 

In this post I would focus on 5 places so aesthetically pleasing that they will surely guarantee you the perfect Instagram post. 

India Gate


India Gate is the most popular place in Delhi. It is a memorial built to commemorate the death of our soldiers lost in one of India’s biggest war. This beautiful structure is surrounded by lush green gardens all around. It is the ideal spot for a picnic & I love going there in monsoon & winters.

Lodhi Art District

A post shared by Shruti (@shrutimaheshwari12) on

The Lodhi art District is India’s first art district. Created by the St+Art Foundation, a non-profit organization that works on art spaces in public spaces together Delhi government, the Lodi Art district is a dream come true for art lovers. Several walls between Khanna Market and Meherchand Market are a spectacle lending them as an open-air art gallery.

Lodi Gardens


Named Delhi’s loveliest escape by Lonely Planet, the Lodi gardens is actually a city park located in central Delhi. Spread over an area of 80 acres, the garden has everything – tombs with amazing architecture from the Lodi dynasty, artificial lake, palm trees, lush green gardens, a rose garden, a bamboo garden and so much more. They are practically the most popular place for photography in Delhi. 

Hauz Khas Village

A post shared by @hauzkhasvillage on

Ask any youngster in Delhi about Hauz Khas Village (or HKV) and they will tell you exactly why it is a popular spot. And don’t get confused by the name village, it is actually one of the most sought-after places in South Delhi. Built around an artificial reservoir, the Hauz Khas village has amazing buildings with medieval architecture & beautiful gardens. But that’s not it. It also hosts some of the best restaurants in Delhi overlooking an amazing lake view & is popular nighttime place in Delhi. I would personally suggest Hauz Khas Social for their food, view & drinks. 

Safdarjung Tomb 

The Safdarjung Tomb is a garden tomb made of marble and sandstone and built in the late 18th century. It is a great alternative to the very popular Humayun’s Tomb. Since it is not a part of the generic tourist itinerary, it is generally less crowded. It is perfect example of Mughal Architecture that is a prominent part of Delhi’s History


From architecture to food to people, everything is unique. From pre-colonial buildings that reflect the city’s history to swanky buildings and mall that represent the modern side of the capital of India, the city will surely take you on an amazing ride.


These places are just the tip of the iceberg. Delhi has so many more places to see & so much to explore. So if you are planning to go to Delhi, do keep them in mind & let me know if you need any help in Delhi.


14 comments

  1. Beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the pictures that you provided to go along with it prove your point - these spots are really Instagram worthy! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited India last year but unfortunately I never made it to Delhi. Next time I will make a stop there. It seems like a gorgeous place. Thanks for this great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! All of these places do look beautiful. I would love to make it to Delhi someday. I love to travel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. O had no idea there was an arts district in deli, can’t say I am surprised though. India is a magical country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great spots, you haven't added Humayun's tomb, it is also a great spot to be covered on Insta, more so in winters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with you, all of the pictures you posted are great, I think, Lodi Gardens is the one I like most. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great article with beautiful photographs. The Lodi Gardens definitely looks like something I would enjoy. You are absolutely right about staying for at least five days. It takes time to catch on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great spots! Wow! Allthese places do look beautiful. Love the graffiti wall in Lodhi art district.
    Suchi

    ReplyDelete
  10. India is one of my favorite places in this world, but I've never got to visit Delhi. I'll keep in mind these places when I'll go there

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have visited Delhi several time but only for work. So, sadly, I haven't seen much of it. I guess I need to plan a pleasure trip to Delhi very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have captured a variety of locations in the city so beautifully. I would love to visit India some day and now I know where to go in Delhi :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always find that a few days in a city are never enough. I really like to get a good sense of the places I go. Also I had no idea that Delhi has more people than Australia! That's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a nice post thanks for sharing. Delhi has such nice places to visit.

    ReplyDelete